The main contenders in this cereal:
- Chia seeds: A source of protein, EFAs, and many other amazing benefits.
- Raw cacao: Top dog superfood, raw cacao is a great source of phenylethylamine, magnesium, and an abundance of good vitamins and minerals.
- Coconut milk: Provides more than just great, creamy flavour with its ability to stimulate weight loss! Coconut milk rocks!
The side kicks who are superheroes in their own right for this cereal:
- Goji berries: A berry that provides protein, EFAs, loads of vitamin C and stimulates longevity.
- Hemp seeds: A source of omega 3, omega 6, and protein.
- Mucuna puriens: Contains l-dopa that is a precursor to dopamine; making this a fabulous way to keep the smiles coming all day and maintaining healthy stress levels in the body.
- Noni extract: A source of antioxidants, selenium, anti-inflammatory, immune system booster, and more.
- Maca: Helps counteract the caffeine in cacao, balance hormones, and is a good source of protein.
In the morning, the superhero cereal fuels my body with immense energy, vitamins, and nutrients that allows me to have a rockin’ good day! The bonus factor about this cereal is that it tastes superb. You can only win when you dive into this cereal because it will power you up and light up your taste buds. Plus, once you examine what the ingredients give your body, you can easily answer the question that vegans hear all of the time: “Where do you get your protein!?”
The gold star factor for this dish is that it is simple to prepare.
This recipe will make 6-8 servings.
1 cup of chia seeds
3 cups of spring water
1 can of coconut milk or your milk of preference like almond or hemp
3 tbsp of raw cacao
1/2 tsp of mucuna pureins
1/2 tsp of noni extract powder
1 tbsp of maca
2 tsp of stevia
raw honey to taste
sprinkle of hemp seed, goji berries, or fresh fruit of your choice
Step 1: Mix water with chia seeds and let it soak for 2 hours on the counter. You can let it sit over night if you would like. At the end, you should see a gelatine like substance.
Step 2: Mix the remaining ingredients except your sprinkling ingredients in with the chia seeds.
Step 3: Refrigerate till you are ready to serve.
Step 4: Sprinkle your cereal just before diving in!
*You can easily make this recipe your own using your favourite ingredients.